Scot Wickhem is a registered patent attorney and member of the intellectual property law firm of Seager Tufte Wickhem. Scot’s practice focuses on general intellectual property law with an emphasis on developing business strategies and counseling clients in areas relating to technology and innovation.
His practice encompasses many phases of client portfolio management, including U.S. and foreign patent prosecution, searches, and opinions. Scot has experience prosecuting patent applications in the chemical and mechanical arts. He is also experienced in patent infringement and validity assessment.
Previously, Scot worked as an Inorganic Chemist for a large research company and was a member of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve. Scot holds a B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and graduated magna cum laude from Marquette University Law School.
- Acquisitions / Diligence
- Freedom to Operate (FTO)
- General IP law
- IP counseling and management
- IP portfolio assessment and management
- Patent landscaping evaluations
- Patent prosecution, both domestic and foreign
- Patentability searches
- Post-grant proceedings
- Trade secrets
Industry Sectors / Specialties
- Chemical Arts
- Mechanical Arts
- Medical Devices
- Marquette University Law School
J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
B.S. Chemistry with a Business Emphasis
- Minnesota (2000)
- Wisconsin (1996)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (1997)
Honors, Awards and Special Achievements
- Named one of the leading patent practitioners World-Wide in 2019, 2020 and 2021 as published in the “IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners” reference guide.