Brian's practice focuses primarily on patent prosecution in the electrical, optical and mechanical arts, portfolio assessment and management, infringement and validity evaluations, licensing, and counseling on a wide variety of patent and trademark matters.
- Patent prosecution, domestic and foreign
- IP portfolio assessment and management
- Infringement and validity evaluations
- IP counseling
- Electrical Arts
- Mechanical Arts
- William Mitchell College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
- Saint Olaf College
B.A. Physics and Mathematics
- Minnesota (1994)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1994)
Honors and Professional Distinctions
- Named an "IP Star" in each of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 as published in the “IP Handbook” by Managing IP Magazine.
- Named one of the leading patent practitioners World-Wide in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 as published in the "IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners" reference guide.
- Named a Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics, Twin Cities Business Monthly and Mpls. St. Paul magazines.
- Listed in Whos Who in America and Whos Who in American Law.