Nick’s practice focuses on patent applications, patent prosecution, both domestic and foreign. He also advises clients on prior act evaluations, infringement and validity analysis, as well as FTO and clearance evaluations.
For seven years, Nick worked for a large multinational corporation as a research and development engineer in medical device technology, and later as an intellectual property researcher in the corporation’s legal department. With this unique background, Nick understands a company’s desire for value-driven work.
Nick strives to clearly understand both his client’s immediate needs in addition to the larger business strategy.
Nick is a member of the Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association (MIPLA), American Bar Association (ABA), and the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA).
Born in Burlington, Wisconsin, Nick received his J.D., magna cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law and his B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, cum laude, from Marquette University. He joined Seager Tufte Wickhem in 2014.
- Patent applications, patent prosecution, domestic and foreign
- Post-grant proceedings
Industry Sectors / Specialties
- Electrical Arts
- Mechanical Arts
- Medical Devices
- William Mitchell College of Law
J.D. magna cum laude
- Marquette University
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, cum laude
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (2010)
- Minnesota (2014)
Honors, Awards and Special Achievements
- William Mitchell Scholarship Recipient (2010-2014)
- Boston Scientific “Outstanding Achievement Award” (2005)
- First-named inventor U.S. Patent Pub. US2007005092
- Named inventor on three U.S. patents